Everyone will tell you, it is not easy to get rid of bed bugs. However, there are simple way to get rid of it.
- Protect your mattress and box spring: inspect, turn over, vacuum on them especially in the folds where the bug likes to hide. Treat your mattress and box spring with a high temperature steam unit. Do not forget to treat underneath the buttons too. Wrap your mattress and box spring in a bag and sell against allergies in large stores (WallMart, Zellers, Rona, etc.). Wash all bedding in hot water and dry in the dryer at high temperature.
- Treat the furniture and accessories: Vacuum all crevices, nooks, chairs, etc.. Use a pyrethroid and diatomaceous earth (product for sale everywhere) for cracks that are difficult to access. Follow the instructions carefully and follow manufacturer's warnings.
- Prevent bed bugs access to your bed: To do this, you can use the lids of plastic containers where you will lay the legs of the bed, taking care to coat a large circular band around the bed of petroleum jelly (Vaseline). It is also possible to use a codline adhesive on both sides, and go around the legs of the bed. This creates a physical barrier to counteract the bed bugs.
- Vacuum frequently throughout the housing allocated in the slots, the electrical outlets and everywhere. This eliminates a large portion of the bugs, and young larvae.
- Eliminate breeding places: Wash bedding often, cushions, remove any piece of cloth that could drag the ground. Bedbugs appreciate everything that drags to reproduce.
- Protect your belongings: Put your spare bedding and personal belongings in bags. If you want to make sure there is no bug in your belongings, place your bag in the freezer for six days at -7 ° C or 3 days at - 18 ° C. The bugs will not survive.
- You can call a professional exterminator to make insecticides. It is important to use a registered insecticide, with low toxicity to humans. Among them we find the products of pyrethrins and pyrethroids, which will be sprayed wherever we can find bed bugs. Boric acid, for its part is sprinkled into cracks, behind furniture, under radiators, rear edges, etc.. Unfortunately, treatment is not effective for the eggs. Sometimes you have to resort to chemical extermination more than once since the eggs of bedbugs sometimes take three weeks to hatch.
- Caution: It is strongly recommended to call a professional to exterminate to get better results. Inadequate treatment can scatter the bugs and cause a state of widespread infestation in the entire building and nearby homes.